|Code||Can be called by||定義|
|28||4D Write Pro area - Combo Box - Form - Input - List Box - List Box Column||A character is about to be entered in the object that has the focus. |
|v18 R5||- Support in non-enterable list boxes|
- The event is now triggered after IME validation
On After Keystrokeevent can generally be replaced by the
On After Editevent (see below).
On Before Keystroke and
On After Keystroke event properties are selected for an object, you can detect and handle the keystrokes within the object, using the
FORM event command that will return
On Before Keystroke and then
On After Keystroke (for more information, please refer to the description of the
Get edited text command).
These events are also activated by language commands that simulate a user action like
On After Keystroke event is not generated:
- in list box columns method except when a cell is being edited (however it is generated in any cases in the list box method),
- when user modifications are not carried out using the keyboard (paste, drag-and-drop, checkbox, drop down list, combo box). To process these events, you must use
On After Edit.
When an entry requires a sequence of keystrokes, the
On Before Keystroke and [
On After Keystroke event] events are generated only when the entry is fully validaded by the user. The
Keystroke command returns the validated character. This case mainly occurs:
- when using "dead" keys such as ^ or ~: events are generated only when the extended character is eventuelly entered (e.g. "ê" or ñ),
- when an IME (Input method editor) displays an intermediary dialog box where the user can enter a combination of characters: events are generated only when the IME dialog is validated.