New 4D projects can only be created from 4D Developer (see Developing a project).
Note: 4D Server can open .4DProject files in read-only mode, for testing purposes only. For deployment, 4D projects are provided as .4dz files (zipped files). For more information, please refer to Building a project package.
You can create project databases by exporting existing binary databases. See "Export from a 4D database" on doc.4d.com.
Creating the project files
Para criar um novo projeto de base de dados:
- Lançar uma aplicação 4D Developer.
- Select New > Database Project... from the File menu: OR Select Database Project... from the New toolbar button: A standard Save dialog box appears so that you can choose the name and location of the 4D database project main folder.
- Coloque o nome de sua pasta de projeto e clique Save. Este nome será utilizado:
- as the name of the main project folder (named "MyFirstProject" in the Architecture of a 4D Project section example),
- as the name of the .4DProject file at the first level of the "Project" folder. Pode escolher qualquer nome permitido pelo seu sistema operacional. Warning: if your database project is intended to work on other systems or to be saved via a source control tool, you must take their specific naming recommendations into account.
When you validate the dialog box, 4D closes the current database (if any), creates a project folder at the indicated location, and puts all the files needed for proper operation of the database project into it. Para saber mais, consulte Arquitetura de um projeto 4D.
Next, the 4D application window is displayed with the Explorer in the foreground. You can then, for example, create project forms or display the Structure editor and add tables, fields, etc.