To make sure your development machine and your phone are linked, only one action is needed on the smartphone and another one in the project editor.
On your device, you need to enable USB Debugging in the Developer Options settings.
If you can’t find the Developer Options item in your settings, simply click 7 times on the build number.
If you can’t find it or if you don’t understand it, simply read this Android user guide, which explains how to do it depending on the Android versions.
For Android developers, you also need to configure your Android Studio from the SDK Tools tab. So make sure you have checked and installed the following elements:
- Android SDK Build Tools 31
- Android SDK Command-line Tools (latest). By selecting this checkbox, you will be able to visualize all your virtual devices directly from the 4D mobile Project Editor.
- Android Emulator
- Android SDK Platform Tools
- Google USB driver (only on Windows)
- Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM installer)