This is where you'll define properties for your tables, fields and relations:
Short and long labels: used according to the available space in the template (to optimize space and avoid overcrowding the tab bar).
Icons: 4D for iOS provides a large library of embedded icons to meet your needs. These include icons for business, finance, education, government, health, industry, real estate, services, etc.
Formats: used to control how the values of the fields are displayed (currencies, percents...)
Title: used to display a title in the destination view using relations
For tables, you will be able to define the following properties:
- Short and Long labels
For fields, you will be able to define the following properties:
- Short and Long labels: used depending on space
- Formats: for exemple to display currencies or percentage
Those elements will be displayed in detail and list forms, depending on the template in the generated app.
To keep everything consistent, default icons are generated for blank fields if at least one icon has been defined for a field.
You can also leave the icon area empty if you don’t want to display icons in your application.
For Relation, you will be able to define the following properties:
- Short and Long labels: displayed in the Relation button that allows to open a related table
- Icons: displayed at the left of the Relation button
- Title: that will be displayed on top of the destination view when using a relation. A tutorial is available to guide you through the Title definition process